Ancient Egyptian Eye of Horus, Smokey Quartz, and Turquoise Necklace
A one-of-a-kind necklace centering an ancient Egyptian steatite openwork Eye of Horus (c. 600 BCE). The amulet represents healing and protection, referencing the myths about how the eye was damaged and restored, much like the moon waxes and wanes. We framed the eye in 22-karat gold within a surround of smoky quartz. Bands of gold extend to the triple-strand turquoise bead necklace.
- Smoky quartz, ancient Egyptian steatite Eye of Horus, turquoise beads, silk cord, 22k yellow gold
- Pendant: 3.4 x 2.8 x .5 inches, length: 26 inches
- Stamped with owl maker’s mark and 22k
- Designed and handmade in California
- From the Cabinet of Curiosities collection